Pointe de Nyon leisure area in summer
An area dedicated to hiking, contemplation and discovery of the mountain, its people and activities.
On the program:
- Access to the Pas de l'Aigle from the top of the Pointe de Nyon chairlift
- A new fun and educational trail to learn about the fauna that lives in our beautiful mountains
- Starting point for many hikes, some of which are accessible to the largest number of people
- Mountain lake
- Activities and shows at the Pointe de Nyon restaurant « le Monde de Jacquotte » :
- Birds of prey fly over during the meal
- Animations and shows around the work of the shepherd's game
- Children's leisure area in the restaurant with giant ball pool, life-size shepherd's game
- Free access to a mini educational farm with goats, rabbits and poultry…
Take the new escalator to the departure point of the cable car with its lift pass office open everyday from 10am to 3pm.
Nyon cable car is open everyday from 10am to 5.30pm, and Pointe de Nyon chairlift from 10.15am to 4.45pm until August, 29th.
It will open on Friday, September 3rd - Saturday 4th - Sunday 5th and on Friday, September 10th - Saturday 11th - Sunday 12th
The starting point for many hikes
The Nyon sector is an area dedicated to hiking, you will only come across a few mountain bikes. It is the starting point for many hikes, some of which are accessible to the largest number of people.
Pointe de Nyon hike
Biodiversity is an essential factor in the development of our society.
It is no longer acceptable to ignore its existence and its interest.
But this is not easy to understand and even less apply in the field. It requires, above all, knowledge of the different "protagonists", the wild and domestic flora and fauna and the human beings who live there. Moreover, the preservation of biodiversity must co-exist in harmony with the participants and users of the mountain. This requires above all information and the acquisition of knowledge, and this is what we wish to offer you at the Pointe de Nyon.
In 2021, this area becomes a literal platform for exchanges and learning about the mountain and the protection of biodiversity.
It is also at the starting point of the Pointe de Nyon chair-lift where you can discover the "Pas de l'Aigle" and many hiking trails.
A new fun hiking trail
The best way to protect the environment is to understand it !
A few meters from the restaurant, discover a new educational walking trail. During an hour long walk, you can learn about the fauna that populates our beautiful mountains with the help of information boards. You will be invited to become a participant in your walk by using an application, and if you have any luck you will see the animals you have learned about !